Awards and Fellowships
- Award COIT - ASISA to the Best Academic Career in Telecommunications Engineering, to Ruben Zazo (October 2015).
- Ph.D. Fellowship from Spanish MICINN (FPI), to Alicia Lozano (January 2014).
- Award COIT - BANCO SABADELL to the Best Master Thesis on Information and Communication Technology in Banking, to Javier Franco-Pedroso (May 2012).
- Google Research Award (March 2009, Google Research Award to Joaquin Gonzalez-Rodriguez for the project entitled 'Exploiting prior knowledge for robust recognition and indexing of audio information sources') .
- Microsoft Best Student Paper Award at SIG-IL/Microsoft 2009 to Javier
Gonzalez-Dominguez, with Ignacio-Lopez-Moreno, Javier Franco-Pedroso, Daniel Ramos, Doroteo T. Toledano and Joaquin Gonzalez-Rodriguez (September 2009).
- Award COIT - BANESTO to the Best PhD Thesis on Information and Communication Technologies applied to Banking, to Daniel Ramos (May 2009).
- Best Student Paper Award at the Spanish Thematic Network of Speech Technologies workshop, to Ismael Mateos, with Daniel Ramos, Ignacio Lopez-Moreno and Joaquin Gonzalez-Rodriguez (November 2008).
- Award COIT - BANESTO to the Best Masters Thesis on Information and Communication Technologies applied to Banking, to Ismael Mateos-Garcia (May 2008).
- IBM Research Best Student Paper Award, at IEEE/ISCA Odyssey 2006, to Daniel Ramos, with Joaquin Gonzalez-Rodriguez and Javier Ortega-Garcia (July 2006).
- Best Poster Award, at AVBPA 2003, to Julian Fierrez, with J. Ortega-Garcia, D. Garcia-Romero and J. Gonzalez-Rodriguez (June 2003).
- Ph.D. Fellowship from Comunidad de Madrid (FPI), to Daniel Ramos (June 2003).